JCW Acoustic Cement Particle Chipboard Specification
- 22mm P5 tongue and groove, cement impregnated water resistant chipboard
- Standard Sheet Size: 22mm thick x 600mm wide x 1200mm long
- Sheet Weight: 20.84 kgs
JCW Ancillary Products you may need for this solution – check with your Soundproofyourhome sales advisor for details or to make sure of quantities
- JCW Acoustic Sealant and Applicator Gun
- JCW Waterproof PVA Adhesive
- JCW Perimeter Edging Strip
At a glance guide to help you calculate how much JCW Acoustic Cement Particle Board you’ll need
You can quickly work out how much soundproofing products and ancillaries you’ll want if you use this at a glance guide to calculate things. Check the square metre dimensions of the area to be treated and apply to the tables below
| Floor Area in m2
|JCW Acoustic Cement Particle Board (sheets/coverage m2)
||JCW Waterproof PVA Adhesive
|JCW Perimeter Edging Strip
|| 1 Roll
|| 1 Roll
|| 5 (3.60)
|| 1 Roll
|| 1 Roll
|| 1 Roll
Remember, you may need to add extra materials to cope with mistakes and mis-measures, so we advise you think seriously about allowing for wastage and off-cuts.
DIY Installation Guide for JCW Acoustic Cement Particle Board
Incorrect installation techniques and materials can compromise the integrity of any acoustic solution. Please follow this general guidance to avoid any incorrect installation which could have an adverse effect on acoustic performance.
Ensure the area being worked is weathertight before installing the floor. JCW Acoustic Cement Particle Board should only be installed when conditioned to its environment and ideally its moisture content should be the same as can be expected when in service.
This product should alsways be stored flat and great care taken not to damage the corners and the tongue and groove edges.
- Step 1: Sweep the floor clear of debris. If the existing subfloor is removed, JCW Acoustic Cement Particle Board can be laid direct to joist.
- Step 2: Position JCW Perimeter Edging Strip at the base of all perimeter walls. This will eventually be trapped in place by the Cement Particle Board.
- Step 3: Remove tongues and grooves from the edges of JCW Acoustic Cement Particle Board where it meets the wall perimeter. This will ensure only square cut edges butt up to the JCW Perimeter Edging Strip. To cut the Cement Particle Board you should only use the most appropriate tools and preferably high performance blades with tungststen or diamond tips. Always select a metal cutting blade (not wood) if you are using a jig saw because of the cement particle content.
- Step 4: Lay the JCW Acoustic Cement Particle Board in a brick bond fashion with staggered short end joints. To ensure the tightest possible jointing, each tongue and groove should be glued with JCW Waterproof PVA Adhesive.
- Step 5: Fill any unavoidable gaps with JCW Acoustic Sealant. This will help maintain the acoustic integrity of the solution
- Step 6: The JCW Perimeter Edging Strip is then folded over the Cement Particle Board and trapped under the skirting board – the excess can then be trimmed flush to the skirting with a sharp work-knife
- Step 7: The completed floor should not be walked on for at least 48 hours to ensure the adhesive has cured
- Step 8: Before any overlay floor finishes are fitted it is essential that the entire floor is perfectly flat, clean and dry.
Where necessary it is ok to sand off any raised points before covering the floor. Vinyl sheet flooring or carpet may allow an image of the board joints to telegraph through the overlay used and will tend to show small irregularities in a floor surface to a greater extent than thicker, patterned or textured finishes. To avoid this problem completely, a 6mm butt-jointed plywood overlay should be fitted, staggering the joints so as not to coincide with those of the chipboard beneath.
Note: Before using any adhesives or other bonding materials to fix your choice of final floor finish to the JCW Acoustic Cement Particle Board, please refer to the manufacturer’s recommendations and guidance. Use only those products recommended by the manufacturer that are considered suitable. When in doubt, contact the manufacturer.
Professional Installation Service available
For customers who need or prefer it, Soundproofyourhome offers a professional acoustic installation service across the UK.
Our skilled and experienced tradesmen understand acoustic materials and how to fit them quickly and correctly.
The result is a cost effective service and peace of mind about the acoustic integrity of your project. Contact us today for a free quotation.
Soundproofyourhome is the domestic market operations division of JCW Acoustic Supplies Ltd, the UK’s leading manufacturer and distributor of soundproofing, sound insulation and sound absorbing products.
Sound advice from Soundproofyourhome:
Contact us today and tell us more about the noise problems you are experiencing. Our friendly, helpful advisors will offer you the most appropriate acoustic solutions available to meet your acoustic needs and budget from our comprehensive range.
We believe talking about your situation and offering sound advice based on our vast experience in the acoustics business is a more reliable way of solving your noise problem than simply taking your order or selling “off the screen”, as some companies do.
And if you are in any doubt about issues associated with soundproofing, like weight of materials, structural strength or meeting Building Regulations, then please talk to us – we’ll be happy to help.
Free Sample Service: just ask.