Product summary and benefits
- Excellent sound absorption and reverberation reduction in party and cavity walls
- Quick, economical and flexible to install in wall, floor and ceiling cavities
- Practical and easy to cut to different stud centres
- Fire retardant classified as Euroclass A1 to BS EN ISO 13501-1
- Eco friendly made from a formaldehyde-free binder and rapidly renewable bio-based materials which is 70% less energy intensive than petroleum based chemicals. Free from CFCs, HCFCs and any other material with ozone depletion potential. Classified as Zero ODP and Zero GWP
- Natural containing no artificial dye or colouring
- Durable odourless, rot proof, non hygroscopic. Does not sustain vermin and will not encourage the growth of fungi, mold or bacteria. Arrangement of fibres ensures no water penetration in any direction.
- Lead and Bitumen Free acoustic membrane
Free Sample Service: just ask
High Performance Acoustic Quilt exceeds Approved Document Part E of the Building Regulations, making it an essential product to control sound in all types of building projects including modern, change of use and conversions.
Mean Sound Reduction (vertically suspended) 18 dB
JCW High Performance Acoustic Quilt: Specification
Acoustic Mineral Wool
Composition: 2 x non-combustible glass mineral wool layers, defined as mineral wool in BS: 3533: 1981 and manufactured in accordance with BSI Quality Assurance Standard BS EN ISO 9001: 2000. Two layers increases sound absorption and dramatically reduces reverberation.
Thickness: 2 layers x 25mm each
Fire Classification: Euroclass A1 to BS EN ISO 13501-1
Eco friendly: Zero ODP and Zero GWP
Vapour resistivity: 7.00 MN s.g.m.
Thermal R Value: (2 x 25mm) 1.25 m2K/W
Acoustic Barrier Membrane
Composition: Mineral loaded – lead and bitumen free
Weight: 3 kgs/m2
Tensile strength: 2.6 Mpa
Flammability: FMVSS 302 self extinguishing
Roll Size and Weight: 52mm thick x 600mm wide x 5m long (roll weight 9 kgs)
52mm thick x 1200mm wide x 5m long (roll weight 18 kgs)
(Note: On first unwrapping from new, compression during wrapping and storage will make the quilt appear thinner, around 25mm thick. Once unrolled the quilt will expands quickly to a normal thickness of 52mm)
Soundproofyourhome supply the following products to enhance the acoustic integrity of the installation:
- JCW Acoustic Sealant and Applicator Gun
DIY Installation Guide for JCW High Performance Acoustic Quilt
- General precautions: because this product can cause irritation to the skin, suitable protective wear like gloves and eye goggles should always be used when handling and working with it
- Cutting the quilt: The quilt can be easily cut to any size/shape using a sharp long bladed knife. The knife should be re-sharpened often to maintain performance.
- Fixing the quilt: Apply JCW High Performance Acoustic Quilt in a similar way how you would install standard glass fibre insulation rolls except this quilt should be fixed in position by lapping it onto the sides of timber joists or stud framing and secured by heavy duty staples, panel pins or, where they are fitted, cross battens. A highly versatile acoustic insulation product, it is also designed to be suspended and friction fitted between the studs in metal or timber partitioning systems, suspended between the joists of a timber floor or laid over ceilings.
- Multiple layers can be used where space allows for increased acoustic and thermal performance
- Fitting from above: lift the floorboards and cut insulation to fit between joists.
Professional Installation Service available
For customers who need or prefer it, Soundproofyourhome offers a professional acoustic installation service across the UK.
Our skilled and experienced tradesmen understand acoustic materials and how to fit them quickly and correctly.
The result is a cost effective service and peace of mind about the acoustic integrity of your project. Contact us today for a free quotation.
Soundproofyourhome is the domestic market operations division of JCW Acoustic Supplies Ltd, the UK’s leading manufacturer and distributor of soundproofing, sound insulation and sound absorbing products.
Sound advice from Soundproofyourhome
Contact us today and tell us more about the noise problems you are experiencing. Our friendly, helpful advisors will offer you the most appropriate acoustic solutions available to meet your acoustic needs and budget from our comprehensive range.
We believe talking about your situation and offering sound advice based on our vast experience in the acoustics business is a more reliable way of solving your noise problem than simply taking your order or selling “off the screen”, as some companies do.
And if you are in any doubt about issues associated with soundproofing, like weight of materials, structural strength or meeting Building Regulations, then please talk to us – we’ll be happy to help.