JCW Easy Fit Ceiling Panel Soundproofing System – a complete direct to ceiling system
The JCW Easy Fit Ceiling Panel Soundproofing System has been designed to dramatically upgrade the sound insulation of existing ceilings, particularly light weight partition constructions. Suitable for all types of dwelling it is based on a triple pre-laminated sound blocker layer. This is a great solution for noisy neighbours and a proven way of complying with Part E, especially where airborne noise is the main problem.
For those with extremely noisy situations to remedy, for example where the noise pollution is both impact and airborne sound, we can also offer our JCW Home Studio Ceiling System as a complete solution with an even higher acoustic performance
JCW Easy Fit Ceiling Panel Soundproofing System – overview
This slim and easy to fit acoustic ceiling system reduces sound transmission between upper and lower rooms and helps reduce noise propagation between rooms. It works by absorbing airborne noise which can easily penetrate partition ceilings that have poor sound insulation. It does this by adding mass, a vital component in successful sound insulation, through the use of a unique combination of soundproofing materials, without significant loss of available living space.
Free Sample Service: just ask
About the product
The JCW Easy Fit Ceiling Panel Soundproofing System comprises a triple layered sound blocker panel with an inner core of 2mm JCW Weight Enhanced Barrier Mat which is sandwiched between and laminated to outer layers of 12.5mm JCW Acoustic Plasterboard. At just 27mm thickness there is little compromise on living space.
The system is fixed straight to ceiling with no need to install cross battens. An experienced DIY enthusiast should have little problem installing this system or alternatively you may wish to choose our professional installation service.
Product summary and benefits
- Ideal as a quick to install Noisy Neighbour Solution on party ceilings – a complete system
- Simple to apply to lightweight ceiling structures or existing plasterboard – so there’s no studwork required
- Practical, slim composition means little compromise on living space despite high performance – total thickness at 27mm
- Fire retardant
- 100% Recycled Material
- Flexible, once installed the plasterboard surface is ready for any decorative finish
JCW Easy Fit Ceiling Panel Specification
Composition: 2 layers of noise stopping, fire retardant 12.5mm JCW Acoustic Plasterboard laminated to an inner of 2mm JCW Weight Enhanced Barrier Mat.
Board Size: 1.2m x 1.2m
Thickness: The sound blocking triple layer is just 27mm thick
Weight: 37.72 kgs each
Soundproofyourhome supply the following acoustic ancillaries to enhance the acoustic integrity of the installation of this system:
- JCW Acoustic Sealant and Applicator Gun
At a glance guide to help you calcualate what you’ll need for the JCW Easy Fit Ceiling Panel Soundproofing System
You can quickly work out how much soundproofing products and ancillaries you’ll want using this at a glance guide to calculate things. Check the square metre dimensions of the area to be treated and apply to the tables below
| Ceiling area in square metres (m2)
|JCW Easy Fit Ceiling Panels required
(approx coverage in square metres)
|JCW Acoustic Sealant
|| 5 (7.20)
Remember, you may need to add extra materials to cope with mistakes and mis-measures, so we advise you think seriously about allowing for wastage and off-cuts.
Please note: If in any doubt that a construction will meet Building Regulations, any other issues concerning acoustic performance or for more information about our products, please contact an Acoustic Advisor for help and advice.
DIY Installation Guide for the JCW Easy Fit Ceiling Panel Soundproofing System
Incorrect installation techniques and the use of inappropriate materials can compromise the integrity of any acoustic solution. Also all supplied products should be clean, dry and correctly stored prior to work starting. Please follow this general guidance to avoid any incorrect installation which could have an adverse effect on acoustic performance.
Ensure the area being worked is weather tight before installing the ceiling. JCW Easy Fit Ceiling Panel should only be installed when conditioned to the environment; ideally its moisture content should be the same as can be expected when in service. Avoid starting work if conditions are damp or there is strong evidence of condensation.
Always store the JCW Easy Fit Ceiling Panel flat, taking great care not to damage the edges or corners.
Note: Because this panel achieves it’s acoustic improvement by adding mass, it is obviously heavy and will therefore require two people to carry and handle it during installation.
- Step 1. Remove any electrical fittings. Only a qualified electrician should do this work. Also use a qualified electrician to re-instate any wiring and electrical fittings etc when the installation is finished.
- Step 2. Locate the existing ceiling joists. You can do this by either using a digital joist-finder or manually, by poking a thin screwdriver or bradawl through the ceiling plasterboard close to the wall. You will know you have located a joist when the thin sharp object you are using comes up against the solid timber joist and will not push through any more. Mark the location of the joist you have found on the wall and then move along the wall approximately 400mm and repeat the process until you find the next joist. When you have located the next joist, measure how far it is from the first which will usually be 400mm for ceiling constructions.Using this simple formula you should now find it an easy job to locate and mark the rest of the joist locations.
- Step 3. Using the positional markings for the joists, screw the first 27mm thick JCW Easy Fit Ceiling Panel to the ceiling joists using screws of an appropriate length and number to penetrate the joist and hold the weight of the panel. Plated screws should be used as a guard against them corroding. Make sure the screw heads finish just below the surface of the plasterboard on the panel. Pre-drill any panel that needs a hole through which cables for electric fittings can pass.
- Step 4. Once the first panel is securely in position, the next panel can be butted up to the first – continue this process until all panels are in place.
- Step 5. Boards may be cut with a suitable handsaw
- Step 6. Fill any gaps with JCW Acoustic Sealant
- Step 7. The JCW Easy Fit Ceiling Panel Soundproofing System is now ready for a plaster skim or your choice of other final decorative finish
Professional Installation Service available
For customers who need or prefer it, Soundproofyourhome offers a professional acoustic installation service across the UK.
Our skilled and experienced tradesmen understand acoustic materials and how to fit them quickly and correctly.
The result is a cost effective service and peace of mind about the acoustic integrity of your project. Contact us today for a free quotation.
Soundproofyourhome is the domestic market operations division of JCW Acoustic Supplies Ltd, the UK’s leading manufacturer and distributor of soundproofing, sound insulation and sound absorbing products.
Sound advice from Soundproofyourhome:
Contact us today and tell us more about the noise problems you are experiencing. Our friendly, helpful advisors will offer you the most appropriate acoustic solutions available to meet your acoustic needs and budget from our comprehensive range.
We believe talking about your situation and offering sound advice based on our vast experience in the acoustics business is a more reliable way of solving your noise problem than simply taking your order or selling “off the screen”, as some companies do.
And if you are in any doubt about issues associated with soundproofing, like weight of materials, structural strength or meeting Building Regulations, then please talk to us – we’ll be happy to help.